Participation Week begins on the 8th of June with a fast moving Launch Event chaired by Sarah Davidson, Director General Communities at Scottish Government: “Participation and Citizen Ownership – The Challenge for Government” will explore the challenges and the benefits of putting people at the centre of the SG’s work.
You will hear from experts and participate in table discussions about how the SG can transform public services in Scotland by involving people in the decisions that affect their lives. Evidence sessions will be led by Andy Williamson, of Democratise, Oliver Escobar of What Works Scotland and Chris Yui of SCVO.
The programme includes 19 events:
- Participation in Action: Experiences from Glasgow Disability Alliance (GDA) and Bridging the Gap
- Engaging Scotland: Stories from the 2014 Independence Referendum
- Collaborative sense making
- Extending the Reach of Your Event Online
- Young People – Scotland Listens and Acts
- The Future Public Servant – what might we look like?
- Enabling Collaborative Leadership
- Participation and Commonwealth Games – Lessons Learned
- Digital Stakeholder Engagement
- Digital Surgery
- Unleash Your Positive Deviant: Learning to See the World as Others See It
- What Does the Scottish Approach Mean for You?
- Participation: What Works?
- Think Social Media’s a Waste of Time?
- Making Space for Democracy
- Participation – Telling the Story A Conversation Cafe Event
- Modernising Participation: Two Practice Examples
- Dialogue Taster Session
- Community Participation in Planning
Please note that some of the events take place twice, so check the website to see alternative dates.